Re: Interesting Challange

From: David Lord <lordd_at_csi.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 17:07:37 +0100

The DOS / Windows issues isn't the problem, I have had Forms 3.0 running happily on both Windows NT 4.0 and Windows 95 clients (network installation of Windows 3.1 software on either a NT or NetWare Server). The issue (as I see it) is that Forms 3.1 must use SQL*Net 1.1 (or lower) to interact witht the database and that (as far as I know) SQL*Net 1.1 is not supported by Personal Oracle (or for sure on Oracle Server 7.3 or above).

Basically no SQL*Net 1.1 = No Forms 3.0.

Jez, I can't believe that in Dec 1998 I'm still messing with this nonesence. (cynically, I still have a mortgage....)