How can I tell if ConText indexing is making progress?

From: <JonnyA_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 18:58:00 GMT

I'm trying to re-create an index on about 2500 documents. The server is very powerful and has plenty of resources, but the call to ctx_ddl.create_index() runs for over an hour without returning. The index existed just fine earlier this morning. It's taken far less time to build in the past.

Is there any way to check whether any progress is being made, or should I assume at this point that there's a loop somewhere? The ctx_all_servers view shows that one of our "DM" personality servers is busy.

Bonus question: Where should I look for the possible cause of the indexing problems?

Details, details: Oracle7.3 on Solaris, ConText 2.3, new master-detail configuration, preferences and policies are created without a hitch.

Thanks for your time.

                                                -Jon.
--

 Jon Atkinson * Senior Developer * Virtual Frontiers