Date type in 7.1 and 7.3 looks different.

From: piero stanchi <piero.stanchi_at_eu.pnu.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 17:28:30 +0100

Hi everybody!
I have:
Oracle 7.1 on hpux 10.something
oracle 7.3 on Windows NT 4.0
some of the 7.1 tables replicated on the 7.3 a java application on the NT machine
I read te replicated db with oracle jdbc. The problem:
Everything goes fine except date fields. I can't read date fields in java from the replicated tables. If I create a table directly on 7.3, identical to that on 7.1, I don't have any problem. If I run sqlplus's desc command on the replicated table and on the one directly created in 7.3 I obtain the same thing.
The exception raised when I try to get a date field from the replicated table is: year out of range. I can query the replicated table with sqlplus without problems.
Thank you for any hints.

    Piero Stanchi Received on Thu Dec 10 1998 - 10:28:30 CST