Re: Interesting Challange

From: Piotr Kolodziej <pkol_at_otago.gda.pl>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 18:40:14 +0100

David Lord wrote in message <#CUYqICJ#GA.292_at_ntawwabp.compuserve.com>...
>Ignore the certification and support issues for a moment, just =
technically
>can this work.

There's another issue -- legal issue. If system running Personal Oracle = supports
connections from any other machine than running that instance, as far as = I
know it is a license violation. I don't suppose that system on based HP-UX 10.20 is run by one end-user. So if database should run with = several
concurrent user sessions, at least Workgroup Server should be used.

Technically... Im affraid that on NT DOS-mode SQL*Forms simple cannot = connect
to any database even if it runs in the command prompt. But if SQL*Forms would be still running on HP-UX, there's no problem to connect via SQL*Net 2 to at least _workgroup_ server running on NT. I saw such mixture working very well, however I don't advise it as a = very good
solution. You must have SQL*Net 2 and protocol adapters/s/ installed on ORACLE_HOME containing SQL*Forms.

HTH
--
Piotr Kolodziej pkol_at_otago.gda.pl
Just my private opinion. Received on Thu Dec 10 1998 - 11:40:14 CST