Re: INTEL Solaris 2.6 as production platform for Oracle ?

From: <mgogala_at_rocketmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 15:43:25 GMT

In article <74o7rv$3j$1_at_sunrise.pg.gda.pl>,   "Piotr Kolodziej" <pkol_at_otago.gda.pl> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone have some experiences with running Oracle on
> Intel Solaris 2.6 as a production platform? I would avoid
> SCO 5.0.x because of no future ports /Oracle 8.x, dev2k 2.x/.
> I other hand Linux and UnixWare7 ports seems to be not stable yet
> and there's no SQL*Forms/Menu port for them.=20
> Any comments appreciated.
>
> Cheers,
> Piotr
> --=20
> Piotr Kolodziej pkol_at_otago.gda.pl
> Just my private opinion.

I don't know about either Linux or Unixware, but I have Solaris 2.6 up and running since September (it was 2.5.1 before that) and it's stable well supported and easy to use, virtually identical to the SPARC version. I also have Oracle 8.0.5 running and I'm very satisfied and can only wholeheartedly recommend it. Machine is Compaq wit 2x300MHZ, 512M of RAM, Adaptec and 4x4GB SCSI

--
Mladen Gogala