Re: [q] german special character and OLE for Oracle

From: Babette Turner-Underwood <babettet_at_you.cant.spam.me>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 14:37:07 GMT

Rolf Hauck wrote in message <366F7341.4BB8DE7F_at_datenrevision.de>...
>Hi,
>make sure that the NLS parameters on the client side match those on the
>server. It looks like your client uses american char set. Try setting
>NLS_LANG to your server char set (NT registry,
>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->Software->Oracle).

[snip]

What if your clients connect to two databases that have two different character sets??

We have two main in-house Oracle applications developed on Forms 4.5. We will be upgrading to Forms 5.0 shortly. Each application connects to a different database. One is US7ASCII (for historical reasons and we cannot change it) and the other is not.

I would like to change the NLS registry setting before starting an application. Does anyone know how to change a single registry entry using a batch program?

Babette Turner-Underwood, TMI Communications babettet_at_tmi.ca.NOSPAM (remove appropriate part to e-mail me) Received on Thu Dec 10 1998 - 08:37:07 CST