Re: Perl, ORacle & Linux

From: <brewer_at_avanticorp.com>
Date: 1998/12/09

I can say that finding information on Oracle, Linux, and Perl is not easy. I have spent most of the day looking myself.

My problem is as follows. I'm setting up a WebServer on linux. We want cgi programs on the webserver to be able to talk to an Oracle7 database on a Windows NT server. I keep reading and being told I need sql*net for the perl to oracle part of the problem. Does sql*net exist for Linux? What are these "oracle libraries" I need to compile/link against to get part of the perl interface working?

I can't believe I'm the first person to want to does this, someone else must have tackled this problem before me. (I base that on the popularity of Apache, Perl, Linux, and Oracle!)

If you send e-mail please send to noble_at_pagesz.net

THanks for any help....