Re: SHMMAX, etc., for Oracle8 on Linux: Where to change?

From: <xux_at_informa.caltech.edu>
Date: 9 Dec 1998 23:05:14 GMT

I have glibc-2.0.7pre6 (development) installed but the starter database failed to start:

Error during action 'Running startORCL.sql'.

Command: /home/oracle/product/8.0.5/bin/svrmgrl <<! @/home/oracle/admin/ORCL/create/startORCL.sql exit
!

If I try to run svrmgrl manually, there is a "segmentation fault".

Any idea what's wrong here? (linux 2.0.35 Slackware)

Marcus Ruehmann <marcus.ruehmann_at_online-club.de> wrote:
: Hi there,

: you donīt have to care for those values (at least with the starter database that will be
: setup).

: I certainly did not change anything in my kernel and it works. But check that you have
: glibc 2.0.6 or higher.

: Cheers
: Marcus