Re: loading first or create index first?

From: Terry Ball <terry_ball_at_csgsystems.com>
Date: 1998/12/08

When using sqlloader in direct path, the index is put in direct path. If there is a problem with the
load, the index will be left in direct path. Loading in direct path bypasses the index, so it makes
no difference whether the index is created first or not, unless there is a requirement to not have
the index left in direct path status. When the load is done, it will re-enable the index (unless there
is a problem), just like you would if you created the index after the load.

Terry Ball
Sr. DBA, CSG Systems