Re: Q: Is Xeon really fast?

From: Mike Gribbins <guest_at_anonymous.com>
Date: 1998/12/08

Not to worry. My experience is with IBM DB2. I've attended some classes in DBA and they are pretty big on trying to NOT use host-variables in where clauses. The thing is, that most of your code, like cursors and stuff, will always have to have host variables, because you'll be doing some sort of read into working storage. It was just a suggestion on my part. I guess the main point is don't play 'beat the optimizer'. Always try to tell DB2 what you can. Mike.