Re: SQL_Trace File Names Under AIX

From: Ed Prochak <edprochak_at_interfacefamily.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 1998 17:49:42 -0500

Yes, timestamps are not reliable if multiple developers are doing traces on the system at the same time.

Another way is to embed a unique identifier in the trace. It is as simple as adding an extra query like this:

     select 'trace file for Prochak' from dual;

then scan the trace files for your identifier. Not exactly what you are looking for, but it's reliable.