True nologging

From: <mdavenpo_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 1998 21:17:58 GMT

Oracle 8 has a feature called nologging however it seems ORACLE simply renamed the unrecoverable option to nologging. This only works for direct load or DDL create table/index commands. Does anyone know of a way to get Table changes ( updates ) not to be logged to a redo log file. In my case I have a table that contains realtime information, during a recovery this table woulld never be recovered simply recreated with current info. It is updated hundreds of times a second generating gigs' and gigs of unnecessary redo, not to mention the extra IO and wasted memory.