Re: Semaphore error.

From: <satar_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 1998 20:04:39 GMT

As the root user, check out the "/etc/system" file. here is a copy of mine:

set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=32000000
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmin=1
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmni=100
set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg=10
set semsys:seminfo_semmns=200
set semsys:seminfo_semmni=70

The "semsys:seminfo_semmns" setting is the number of semaphores in the system. Mine is set at 200. E-mail me if you need any further clarification.

-Satar

--
Oracle DBA/UNIX System Admin
Advanced Enterprise Solutions