How to create database from script in Oracle

From: Pauline Ohanian <pauline_at_isol.com.lb>
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 1998 13:58:13 GMT

Hi,
I'm new to Oracle. And the past two days I'm trying to understand the different parts of Oracle. I need to create my own database. How can I do this? Are there any online documentation for this? I created a tnsname called "test" other than the example1,etc and connected to the enterprise manager with "Scott", "Tiger", "test" as service name, and then what? Do I create my database in Enterprise Manager, somewhere else?
What's the function of the "Personal Oracle" and what is it used for? And the tns name I created is poiting to the local database. How can I make it point to a new database which I want to create its structure running an sql script. Also do I have to run the sql script in the "Worksheet" or somewhere else?

Please help,
Pauline Received on Tue Dec 08 1998 - 07:58:13 CST