Re: Help needed : Free space checking?

From: Johan Nilsson <jni_at_esrange.ssc.se.--->
Date: 1998/12/07

Thanks very much for your answer,

although using dbms_space looks like the best solution, the quickest and dirtiest seems to be using ALTER TABLE XXX DEALLOCATE UNUSED KEEP X; after each batch of deletes, which will allow me to see the usage. I'd rather not begin to write any stored procedures for this.

These big deletes will only occur every two weeks.

Any opinions on this?

// Johan Received on Mon Dec 07 1998 - 00:00:00 CST