Oracle on VMS OLB.vs.Shareable image behavior

From: Kenneth Randell <kenr_at_datametrics.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 16:09:37 -0500

Hi --

I am running an old version of Oracle (7.1.3.2) on VMS 6.1. I have written a small test program that only uses functions orlon and ologof to log into/log off of a database. If I link this program against the Oracle shareable image (using LNPROC TEST TEST), I can specify a connect string of something like user/password. If I link this program in 'two-task' mode, which apparently links in all of the .OLB files and no shareable images, this same program, when given the same connect string fails with a return code of 6400 'NETCMN: No default host string specified'. If i specify user/password_at_service, it works as expected...

Did I miss something, or is this the expected behavior...I was under the impression that the program should work identically if linked either with shareable image or the .OLB files.

Thanx.

Ken Randell Received on Mon Dec 07 1998 - 15:09:37 CST