Re: Oracle 8 USERS_SESSIONS ???

From: Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 1998 20:55:30 GMT

On Mon, 07 Dec 1998 13:14:11 -0500, clifford buetikofer <clifford_buetikofer_at_merck.com> wrote:

>I used to use the following SQL in my 7.3.2 database to get the OSUser
>string, but in Oracle 8 it no longer works:
>
>Select osuser from user_sessions
>where audsid = userenv('SESSIONID');

Are you sure you used to use USER_SESSIONS and not V$SESSIONS (unless you manualy created a private synonym named USER_SESSIONS pointing to SYS.V_$SESSIONS)? In O7 there is no object in the data dictionary called USER_SESSIONS.

>I've been digging through the Oracle 8 docs but no luck. Has anybody
>found what happened to the user_sessions object ?
>
>Cliff
>(clifford_buetikofer_at_merck.nospam.com)

HTH, Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Certified Oracle7 DBA (OCP)

The above opinions are mine and do not represent any official standpoints of my employer Received on Mon Dec 07 1998 - 14:55:30 CST