Oracle 8 USERS_SESSIONS ???

From: clifford buetikofer <clifford_buetikofer_at_merck.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 1998 13:14:11 -0500

I used to use the following SQL in my 7.3.2 database to get the OSUser string, but in Oracle 8 it no longer works:

Select osuser from user_sessions
where audsid = userenv('SESSIONID');

I've been digging through the Oracle 8 docs but no luck. Has anybody found what happened to the user_sessions object ?

Cliff
(clifford_buetikofer_at_merck.nospam.com)

       my employer, Merck & Co., Inc.  All responsibility for the statements
       sender.