Oracle 7 Database Import/Export

From: Nick Lehane <LehaneN_at_logica.com>
Date: 7 Dec 1998 17:07:26 GMT

Hi everyone,

I currently have a standalone database system running on a laptop, using Oracle7 Server and an application written in Forms 4.5 which is used as a front end to this database. We have recently got a new server, and I am trying to move towards a client/server type application rather than a single user standalone.

My question is: What is the best way to copy across the existing database?

At present I have let Oracle 7 Server create a starter database for me, and I have done a full export of my database using Data Manager. Is this the best way to do it, and if so what should be my next step? An import using Data Manager fails miserably. Help please! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

TIA
Nick Received on Mon Dec 07 1998 - 11:07:26 CST