Help with DBMS_JOB

From: <alt_at_interchange.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 1998 15:27:12 GMT

Hi

Oracle 7.3.2.3.0 on a Decalpha

I'm trying to submit a job using DBMS_JOB.SUBMIT but am running into some difficulties. I've created a simple procedure to populate a table with sysdate every hour (and it works okay on its own). I want DBMS_JOB to take over the execution of this procedure.

My procedure is:

create procedure testing is
begin
insert into test values (sysdate);
end;
/

To submit the job I'm using:

variable x number;
Begin
dbms_job.submit(:x,'TESTING',sysdate,'sysdate + 1/24'); end;
/

The error I get is:

BEGIN
*
ERROR at line 1:

ORA-06550: line 2, column 20:
PLS-00201: identifier 'TESTING' must be declared
ORA-06550: line 2, column 1:

PL/SQL: Statement ignored

I've tried various combinations of the dbms_job command but always get an error, could someone please point me in the right direction with this.

Please email response to alt_at_interchange.co.uk

Thanks for the help.

Al