Oracle8: ALTER TYPE does not work ?

From: Wolfgang May <may_at_informatik.uni-freiburg.de>
Date: 7 Dec 1998 09:53:19 GMT

Hi,

I am setting up an oracle training for our students, including a small Oracle8 part.

Types can be generated, but the ALTER TYPE Statement (with the syntax given in the server manual) produces an error (Oracle 8.0.3.0.0):

CREATE OR REPLACE TYPE GeoCoord AS OBJECT
(Longitude NUMBER,

 Latitude NUMBER);
/
  2 3 4
Typ wurde erstellt.
[engl: Type has been generated]

SQL> ALTER TYPE GeoCoord REPLACE AS OBJECT
(bla number);

  2 ALTER TYPE GeoCoord REPLACE AS OBJECT *
FEHLER in Zeile 1:
ORA-22319: Typattributinformationen in ALTER TYPE geaendert [engl: Type Attribute Information changed with ALTER TYPE]

Any hints (the same occurs when member methods are defined in the ALTER TYPE statement) ?

Wolfgang