Re: Oracle Block Size and Solaris 2.6

From: howard <howard.lee_at_connection.com.hk>
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 1998 15:18:42 +0800

Paul

normally db block size is used together with db_file_multiblock_read_count. the system should be set so that

os block size = db block size * db_file_multiblock_read_count

in this way, no read buffer will be wasted. the default for solaris is 64K block. if you set the db block size to be 8K, then you should set multiblock read count to 8, and so on.

hope this helps

howard