Re: TABLESPACES WITH DATAFILES "AUTOEXTEND ON " and TABLES with UNLIMITED EXTENTS

From: David Sisk <davesisk_at_ipass.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 21:25:54 -0500

Yup (it works) and nope (you're not crazy).

UNLIMITED EXTENTS for tables and indexes works fine. DO NOT set the extents on BOOTSTRAP$ to unlimited, or the database will not mount (bug!).

AUTOEXTEND works fine in 7.3.4 (actually, 7.3.3.6, I believe). Prior to 7.3.4, if any datafiles had been resized (manually or by autoextending), trying to re-create the control files returns a size error (bug!). I would suggest setting a max size on the datafiles, though. Ours our max 2Gb for manageability reasons.

Regards,

--
David C. Sisk
http://www.ipass.net/~davesisk/oont.htm