SQL*Net Connection Problem ERROR: ORA-12545

From: Srinivas <msr_at_one.net>
Date: 1998/12/06

Hi,
We are trying to solve the
following problem. I need help from u guys.

Scenario:
We have Oracle 7.3 running on Windows
NT Server. NT is connected to the local
network. Problem is all users who have
access to the LAN and are able access
WindowsNT machine
are able to access Oracle without any problem.

Some users login into LAN using modems (thru RAS connection). These users able to access Windows NT machine where Oracle 7.3 is running.
These users could not connect to Oracle thru SQL*Plus. The error I got when tried was: ERROR: ORA-12545 TNS: Name lookup Failure. What is going on. And what
should I do to resolve this problem.
I appreciate any help in this
problem solution. Thanks in advance.

sincerely
Srinivas Received on Sun Dec 06 1998 - 00:00:00 CST