Large Databas Question

From: David Davis <dave1945_at_erols.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 1998 01:20:23 GMT

We are about to create a system using Oracle 8 that will be at least 90 GB at is inception. I am curious if any one could offer some Broad advice on creating and managing large tables. Ou application will be used to store image data consisting of fiels about 50KB each in size. The database will grow by about 300,000 images per year.

I have looked at some of the Oracle documentation and partitioned tables may be a key factor. How would you recommend applying this? I think that a partitioned table of indices with each record pointing to an image record in another table. I assmue we know that you can store blobs and other objects in a partitioned table.

Given that brief discussion what other factors should be considered?

David Davis                           703-437-7921