Re: Multiple Databases

From: Thomas Pall <tpall_at_bga.com>
Date: 7 Dec 98 00:19:51 GMT

Well, the problem is in the way NT handles scheduling. On NT, Oracle is a service. It could be severely hampered even by such things as a screen saver. It is highly recommended that Oracle be the only thing running on the NT box, if you want good, solid performance from it. If performance is not such a big issue to you, then go ahead. I have run IIS, Oracle Server and Crystal Info Reports all on the same NT server. I have since separated them into their own respective servers, however.

Pete (pmarkey_at_bellsouth.com) wrote:
: Are there any problems running an oracle database and a MS SQL 6.5 database
: on the same server in the same domain.

: Each database has its own application that needs to access it.

: Thanks