max individual extent size?

From: Steve Haynes <steve_at_rwx777.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 1998 17:37:29 +0000

Hi All,
Anyone know what the max extent size limit is? (8.0.5) (I don't see why this would be OS specific, its not a file.. mem addressing limits of 2Gb? maybe, doubt it...) My concern is as follows:
Table X, 5 extents each 500Mb. If this were exported compress=y then it would try to create a 2.5gb initial extent on import. Bang?
Steve
--
Please remove nospam from my address to Reply. Received on Sun Dec 06 1998 - 11:37:29 CST