Re: Developer 2000 1.3.2 on OpenVMS

From: Sam Cappello <samc_at_gate.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 1998 02:02:19 -0500

here's a copy of what we have running on one of our servers. i didn't install this server, and i'm not sure if i would have set up the ENV_ logicals all the same way, but it does work and i suppose makes it easier to change around where our software is located. i think i prefer defining just the root level and using a standard directory structure under that, but here they broke out subdirectories into distinct logicals. just different styles, i suppose.

i had a lot of trouble when i first installed forms with the library paths, and again when we upgraded to 1.3.2. i think the trick was that the ORACLE_PATH had to have the library directory in it too. it also seems that there were some patches that modified the library search behavior. we have patch 22 installed; i think it is the latest.

$ @ZEPHYR4:[DB_ZYPH1]orauser_zyph1 zyph1
$ DEFINE ENV_HOME ZEPHYR4:[ENVUSER]
$ DEFINE ENV_HOME_LIB ZEPHYR4:[ENVUSER.LIBRARY]
$ DEFINE ENV_FORMS ZEPHYR4:[ENVUSER.OBJECT.FORM]
$ DEFINE FORMS45_PATH ENV_FORMS,ENV_HOME_LIB:
$ DEFINE ENV_REPORTS ZEPHYR4:[ENVUSER.OBJECT.REPORT]
$ DEFINE REPORTS25_PATH ENV_REPORTS:
$ DEFINE ORACLE_PATH ENV_HOME_LIB:
$ DEFINE ORAPLSQLLOADPATH ENV_HOME_LIB:
$ DEFINE ORA_PATH ENV_HOME:[SQL]
btw - this was in the oracle7 user's local login.com. we also moved a version of this to the system login file. at another site i think we made the logicals system logicals, but i'm not good enough at VMS to be of much help with that.

sam cappello
envision utility software
samc_at_fl.envworld.com
samc_at_gate.net (home)

Boris Oblak wrote in message ...
Hi

How can i define FORMS45_PATH, PLSQLLOADPATH and ORACLE_PATH on OpenVMS?

I try:

$ define forms45_path -
$ disk1:[f45], -
$ disk2:[lib], -
$ disk3:[lib]

but it doesn't work. It allways write: Can't attach library file.

thanks on advance.
--

Boris

Boris Oblak
ABAKUS Kranj, d.o.o.
e-mail: boris.oblak_at_siol.net Received on Sun Dec 06 1998 - 01:02:19 CST