Re: How to set COMPATIBILITY

From: Jonathan Gennick <gennick_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 6 Dec 1998 04:15:11 GMT

On Thu, 03 Dec 1998 20:58:45 +0800, Nike <nike_at_hk.super.net> wrote:

>I have the problem of executing some SQL like:
>
>create tablespace 'DATA.DAT' SIZE 30M REUSE AUTOEXTEND ON;
>
>It returns error saying this statement requires ORACLE 7.2.0.0.0
>
>But I am using ORACLE 7.3.3.4 OpenVMS version,
>What can I do?

I've run into this before. Look in your initialization parameter file to see if COMPATABILITY is set to some other version. Change the setting to:

COMPATABILITY=7.3.3 If the line doesn't exist, you will need to add it.

One caveat, you might want to test your applications on a test database using this setting before you make the change in production.

Jonathan Received on Sat Dec 05 1998 - 22:15:11 CST