Cost Based Optimizer

From: Jerry <jcman_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 6 Dec 1998 01:32:16 GMT

I have a query against a view that is very slow in RULE, but fast in cost. But for other reasons I want to run the database in RULE. When I re-create the view with a /*+ CHOOSE */ hint and run it under RULE mode, EXPLAIN_PLAN will execute it differently in the database under CHOOSE mode, without the hint on the view.

Is this behavior normal? BTW, all tables have statistics estimated in both scenarios.

Thanks. Received on Sat Dec 05 1998 - 19:32:16 CST