Re: UPDATE catch-22 - help!

From: <mpir_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Dec 1998 20:15:37 GMT

I am a little out of practice, but what happens if your update statement includes both the transaction id and the person id (the key field), rather than just the person id? Update the parent first, then the child. As long as the foreign key ri is not on both tables (just on the child), you might get away with it.