Re: Report tools for Oracle?

From: TurkBear <johng_at_nospam.mm.com>
Date: 1998/12/04

I am on a team currently evaluating data access tools for a large enterprise...while I cannot share the conclusions ( we haven't reached any, yet ) I can say that you should look closely at Crystal Reports 7 - their Query Server/Query Client combo seems to be one of the easiest methods I've seen for interactive web-based database querys and their reporting tools are top notch....
Impromptu is also a solid product, as are Business Objects and Platinum's InfoReports..
.

"mikel" <not_at_really.com> wrote:

>Hi all
>
>Our IS section wants to use Impromptu for creating reports for their AS/400
>db and they want us to use it for Oracle reports as well (mostly web stuff).
>That way they have a better case to buy it.
>
>Currently we are using Cold Fusion to create web reports from Oracle and
>it's working fine. It's a little clunky (all html and cfml coding), however
>it's very versatile. I'd hate to loose that versatility for the sake of a
>point and click report tool. On the other hand, if Impromptu does what we
>want, in less development time, then that's a good thing, right?
>
>If I'm looking at report tools, then what about Oracle Reports and Oracle
>WebDB, Crystal Reports, etc.. Perhaps it's better to ask what other report
>tools people are using and see if Impromptu measures up to the other tools.
>
>Any opinions appreciated
>
>Mikel

To reply please remove the 'nospam' part of the address Received on Fri Dec 04 1998 - 00:00:00 CST