Re: When to use bitmap indexes

From: Phil Edmonds <phil.edmonds_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 20:23:36 -0000

I've had quite a bit of experience with these. Yes, it's a matter of trial and
error. Do some timings and check the optimiser's query plan via tkprof or Enterprise manager. I have seen some major, major improvements when I've indexed on columns having 1000 different keys in a million row table,
so it does work!!!

Regards,

Phil Edmonds
Enterprise Database Manager