Re: Multi-Threaded Server

From: <satar_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 1998 18:31:58 GMT

Two easy ways...
First, in your init<sid>.ora file, are the mts settings commented out? If so, you are in direct mode. Here's mine (I'm running direct):

# mts_dispatchers="ipc,1"
# mts_max_dispatchers=10
# mts_servers=1
# mts_max_servers=10
# mts_service=ora7
# mts_listener_address="(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=ipc)(KEY=ora7))"

Second way to tell. In server manager, do the following: Here I am running MTS:
SVRMGR> connect internal;
Connected.
SVRMGR> show parameter mts

NAME                                TYPE    VALUE
----------------------------------- ------- ------------------------------
mts_dispatchers                     string  (ADDRESS=(PARTIAL=yes)(PROTOCO
mts_listener_address                string  (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=ipc)(KEY=or
mts_max_dispatchers                 integer 10
mts_max_servers                     integer 10
mts_multiple_listeners              boolean FALSE
mts_servers                         integer 1
mts_service                         string  ora7

Notice there is a value for mts_servers and dispatchers. Here I am running in direct mode:
SVRMGR> connect internal;
Connected.
SVRMGR> show parameter mts

NAME                                TYPE    VALUE
----------------------------------- ------- ------------------------------
mts_dispatchers                     string
mts_listener_address                string  (address=(protocol=ipc)(key=%s
mts_max_dispatchers                 integer 0
mts_max_servers                     integer 0
mts_multiple_listeners              boolean FALSE
mts_servers                         integer 0
mts_service                         string  ora7

Hope this answers your question,
Satar

In article <748rtt$71e$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>,   vartika_at_my-dejanews.com wrote:
> Could anyone tell me how to find in an Oracle Installation on Unix, whether we
> have it setup for Multi-Threaded or not.

Oracle DBA/UNIX System Admin
Advanced Enterprise Solutions
(949) 756-0588
Oracle Re-Seller