Re: How to create the OracleTNSListener service on NT

From: Joel R. Kallman <jkallman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 1998 12:43:34 GMT

On Thu, 03 Dec 1998 22:34:03 -0800, Austin Durbin <adurbin_at_earthlink.net> wrote:

>How does one create a OracleTNSListener service on NT 4.0 ?
>
>oradim73 is used to create the NT service for the database instance, but
>I can't find a reference on how to create the listener service?
>
>I in the process of writing a disaster recovery script for some Oracle
>databases.
>
>Thanx in advance for any guidance or help that can be offered.

If the OracleTNSListener service does not exist in the Windows NT Registry it can be created by issuing 'lsnrctl start' from the command prompt.

If issuing this command generates a TNS-01106 error then the service *does* exist in the registry and the system needs to be rebooted.

To create the Listener Service with reinstalling, open a DOS

Command Prompt Window.  From the C: prompt, type the following:
	C:\>LSNRCTL START

If you are trying to create a version 8 Listener, use the following command:

     C:\>LSNRCTL80 START Needless to say, probably the easiest way to recreate this service would be to reinstall the SQL*Net/Net8 Server from the installation media and this will recreate the listener service as well. Keep in mind that that this may overwrite the existing listener.ora configuration file.

Thanks!

Joel

Joel R. Kallman Oracle Government, Education, & Health

Columbus, OH                             http://govt.us.oracle.com

jkallman@us.oracle.com                   http://www.oracle.com

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation. Received on Fri Dec 04 1998 - 06:43:34 CST