Re: HELP! Need ammo against Oracle on NT!!

From: Matthias Gresz <GreMa_at_t-online.de>
Date: 4 Dec 1998 07:32:38 GMT

Richard Markle schrieb:

> Hi. I am doing a little consulting for a friend and need to
> convince his management that Oracle/NT is not the way to go.

Why shouldn't it? It only suffers from the same things every NT-installations suffers from (as I heard): you got to reboot every 4-6 weeks. Why let them not use NT if it's a small enterprise with no UNIX skills?

You can't damn Oracle/NT in general, you must be aware of the environment where Oracle will be installed and look for the optimal  solution. It may not be the best (ooh, maybe you could get the Lord to throw some $$$ from sky), but the best under the current circumstances.

>Can anyone
> point to some white papers or Web pages that can give me some hard facts
> to back me up ( I got the benchmarking article off of the main Oracle
> site.)? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Have a nice day
Matthias
--
Matthias.Gresz_at_Privat.Post.DE