600 Errors in Oracle 8.0.5

From: Jeff <jchumph_at_flash.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 19:59:39 -0700

Am I the only one experiencing major ORA-00600 errors in 8.0.5 on solaris 2.6?
My god, you'd think it was a beta test. Does anybody successfully use parallel inserts with nologging without reducing
performance by several factors?
Do partition increase or decrease performance? Are bitmap indexes on binary valued columns supposed to take 600 meg on a 2 million record table? Are they supposed to rebuild everytime the column
changes?

If oracle gets any more powerful, I may have to get a bigger shovel. Received on Thu Dec 03 1998 - 20:59:39 CST