memory usage

From: Daniel Tisserand <danielt_at_physics.angelo.edu>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 10:21:41 -0600

        I am currently setting up an oracle db server on a linux box. The only thing running on the box is oracle and typically no more than three users at a time. My question is how big to make the db_buffer. The box has 192MB of ram and the manual suggests no more than 1/3 of total ram. Since this is a dedicated server, this seems a little bit conservative. The tables beeing used range from 50MB to 1GB. Currently the db buffer is set to ~70MB and no swapping occurs. Any suggestions would be great.

thanks,
DAniel Received on Thu Dec 03 1998 - 10:21:41 CST