Re: SNIPED status in V$SESSION?

From: Joe Kazimierczyk <kazimiej_at_bms.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 1998 08:00:57 -0500

SNIPED means that oracle killed the session because some resource limit in it the user's profile was reached (like IDLE_TIME was exceeded or something like that). The session lurks around in a a sniped state until the user tries to do something again. Then they get some error and the session finally goes away.

The following query can help you find the OS pid associated with each session. v$process.spid is the os pid you want to kill:

select
  s.username, s.osuser, s.status, s.process, p.spid, s.paddr   from v$session s, v$process p
  where s.paddr=p.addr