connection refused through jdbc thin driver

From: Cheng Yu, Stephen <stephen_at_ecvision.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 1998 10:50:04 +0800

hi there,
1)
I try to use thin driver on the NT machine, the exception "no more data to read
from socket" is thrown. I checked out for the log file - listener.log and found
out the following error message :
03-DEC-98 10:29:16 *
(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=ECV)(CID=(PROGRAM=)(HOST=)(USER=oracle))) * (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=192.1.1.1)(PORT=1121)) * establish * ECV * 0
What does that mean ??? How can I to solve it ???

2)
Run the same application on the Unix machine and using thin driver as well, only exception "connection refused" returned and no log file is generated. Does it mean the error is not generated by the oracle system ???

thanks a lot !!!
Best regards
Stephen Received on Wed Dec 02 1998 - 20:50:04 CST