Re: Oracle 8.0.3 install problem

From: <satar_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 1998 23:23:56 GMT

Hi...Might be a simple fix.

First, as root user, type 'make' at the Unix Prompt. You should get: make: Fatal error: No arguments to build

As the Oracle Unix User type 'make' at the Unix Prompt. You should get: make: Fatal error: No arguments to build

if you don't, then the answer can be two things: 1) You didn't install the whole OS or the package that has the 'make' utility. 2) the Oracle Unix User does not have the PATH enviroment setting set up correctly.

If you did get that response, then check the permissions of the file directory. Make sure oracle has all access to the directories it needs.

Please respond to e-mail if you need further help.

Good Luck,
Satar

--
Oracle DBA/UNIX System Admin