Configuring Oracle Server 7

From: Nick Lehane <LehaneN_at_logica.com>
Date: 2 Dec 1998 17:27:57 GMT

Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding configuration of Oracle 7 Server. I am trying to install it on a Windows NT Server, which succeeds. However, trying to access the startup database fails, with invalid SID. Is there anything else I need to install apart from the Server?

Ultimately, I am trying to transfer a database from my current machine to the new server. An Oracle employee told me the best way to do this would be to let it create a startup database, then import into that. If anyone has any other suggestions / methods, I would be very grateful. Many thanks in advance,

Nick Lehane Received on Wed Dec 02 1998 - 11:27:57 CST