Re: OEM intelligent agent

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 1998 13:06:29 +0100

Hi Ron,
If this is a version 7.3.3 and higher database, the OIA will configure and start itself automatically. You should be able to see two dbsnmp processes.

In lsnrctl the oia can be started by issuing the dbsnmp_start command
there is also a dbsnmp_status and a dbsnmp_stop command in lnsrctl Note: there seem to be conflicting MIBs between OIA and the AIX snmpd daemon. OIA will generate warnings if snmpd is running. Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA