Re: Which Index With This Constraint?

From: Konstantin Kivi <konst_at_sirena.rinet.ru>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 17:04:18 GMT

... <user_at_nowhere.net> wrote:
> How do I discover which index a given constraint uses?

> I defined indexes on specific tables and columns, then defined constraints
> which apply to the same columns. I think Oracle may manage to understand
> and use the existing indexes.

> How can I verify that? Can't find anything in dba_constraints,
> dba_indexes.

> Thanks for any info!

> A. Gordon
> aog_at_capgroup.com

I don't know the answer to your question (but I think can figure it out) but you may name your constraint explicitly and in this case the name of the index will be the same as the constraint name. You can also make use of STORAGE and USING INDEX TABLESPASE to control parameters of the index.

--
Sincerely Yours, Konstantin Kivi, Russia, konst_at_sirena.rinet.ru

    aka <k-kivi_at_usa.net>, 2:5020/457.24_at_fidonet.org           Received on Tue Dec 01 1998 - 11:04:18 CST