Re: Copying userid,password from instance

From: Andrew Protasov <oracle_at_protasov.kiev.ua>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 98 20:49:08 +0200

Hi,

You can obtain user names and encoded passwords from dba_users and create script to recreate users in the second database.

SVRMGR> select password from dba_users where username='DBT'; PASSWORD

1BF5A444B4AE224B
1 row selected.
SVRMGR> alter user dbt identified by values '1BF5A444B4AE224B'; Statement processed.

Andrew Protasov