ora 1513 error

From: Em Pradhan <empradhan_at_dplus.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 1998 08:47:50 -0500

Hi all

one of our collegue was working on Y2K stuff and he changed the operating system time to 1979 Feb 3rd and just after that database crashed telling ora-01513 found by LGWR so some thing alike. and error description is as follows..

ora 01513 invalid current time returned by operatiing system

cause : The operating system returned a time that wan not between the

             years 1988 and 2121

Action : Correct time kept by the operating system;

also in unix operating system they have constraint of epic year and 2038

but one of our customer wants to test the software with operating system time beyond this limit..

If any one has encounter the situation or some idea please help me

thank you in advance.

Pradhan Received on Tue Dec 01 1998 - 07:47:50 CST