Re: Enterprise Manager 1.6 and Net8

From: Joel R. Kallman <jkallman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 1998 13:36:01 GMT

On Tue, 1 Dec 1998 14:55:46 +0200, "Esme Venter" <esmev_at_medscheme.co.za> wrote:

>Hi
>
>I have installed OEM 1.6 on a Win95 client. I run SQL*Net V2.3.4.0.2 and
>SQL*Plus V3.3.3 on the client as well.
>
>My OEM Repository is on a NT4.0 server running Oracle8.0.4 and NET8.0.4. I
>can connect to the repository database from my Win95 client thru SQL*plus.
>I fail to get a connection thru the EM Console or any of the individual EM
>modules with the same login/password. Must I have Net8 installed on my
>client to connect to the OEM repository?

You are correct...you need the Net8 Client software installed and configured on your OEM 1.6 Console.

Thanks!

Joel

Joel R. Kallman Oracle Government, Education, & Health

Columbus, OH                             http://govt.us.oracle.com

jkallman@us.oracle.com                   http://www.oracle.com

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation. Received on Tue Dec 01 1998 - 07:36:01 CST