Re: How to use create database?

From: Michael Bierenfeld <michael.bierenfeld_at_ibsgmbh.de>
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 1998 10:26:34 +0000

Kenny Leow wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can anyone help me? I will like to know how to use the
> create database command. Can you kindly show me a
> sample command please.
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> Kenny

Hello,

CREATE DATABASE yourName; But this wont help. This just creates an instance which is missing nearly all essential DataDictionary Objects.

What you can do is use the ORACLE-Installer to create a new Instance or you can copy some scripts called "crdb<SID>.sql" and "crdb2<SID>.sql". These scripts have been created by the Installer to create the initial Instance.

Eg.

Be carefull. If neccessary shut down the existing instance and perform backups !

You now have two instances on your Database Server. You can run them both or specify in /etc/oratab which instance has to be started/shutdown while using the the dbstart/dbshut command.

The following contents would start our two instances :

V732:/usr/oracle/app/oracle/product/7.3.2:Y V732_1:/usr/oracle/app/oracle/product/7.3.2:Y

Change Y to N if you want to prevent a instance from starting.

Hope this helps

Regards

Michael Received on Tue Dec 01 1998 - 04:26:34 CST