How do I support non-anonymous connections on Oracle Web Application Server?

From: Andrés Becerra <andres.becerra_at_unisys.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 14:15:07 -0500

We currently have the following:

  1. Several inquiry/update VB apps using Oracle Objects for OLE to connect to our oracle database using a user's id and password.
  2. Web-based inquiry only using Oracle Web Application Server 2.1.1. This basically keeps live "anonymous" connections going and uses them as needed.

Here is where we want to go:

  1. Inquiry/Update Web based interface that allows connections to be made using id's and passwords, as opposed to simply "re-using" the live "anonymous" connections OWS uses.

How can I go about setting this up? Do I need OWS 3 or 4?

TIA
Please respond to andres.becerra_at_unisys.com

Andres Becerra
andres.becerra_at_unisys.com Received on Mon Nov 30 1998 - 13:15:07 CST