Re: what is connection string?

From: monton <monton_at_qni.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 08:57:52 -0600

Connection/Connect String refers to the service name that was mapped to identify your remote connections. Sql*Net V1,V2, and Net8 all utilize this. Take a look at your local tnsnames.ora file to determine which instance you wish to connect with. This file also illustrates the host name, database name, and the type of protocol that it will utilize for the connection.

Keith
monton_at_qni.com